Dial 211 from any phone gets you help on COUNTY services.
They help put you in touch with community services that can improve — and save — lives.
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
is where General Relief (what people commonly call “welfare”) comes from. They cover all of LA county.
Dial 311 from any phone gets you information on LA CITY services.
San Francisco Bay Area: